Monday 5 March 2018

This and That


There were shingles spread out to dry in the sunroom on the weekend. DH has a project in mind which I'll be blogging about eventually. The house smelled like Cedar!



On the subject of projects... here is my finished banner  hanging in front of the bookshelves in my room.  Shelves full of my pretties and my computer where I probably spend too much time.  --grin-


The picture is not very clear but you get the idea.


I was in Walmart yesterday looking for suet ( there wasn't any so I guess the birds will have to manage without it) .  I spied a display of pretty little Cacti. Had a hard time choosing only two but since South facing window space is limited.....
  I put them into these tea cups; I hope they have enough soil.  Does anyone know what kind of Cactus the one behind the grafted yellow one is? It grows much faster than normal Cactus.  The little one to the right, in the terra cotta pot is a "branch" I broke off that one and it's growing too.

It's laundry day and I'm done except for folding and putting away, which is what I'm going to do now.
Have a great week!!


Thanks for visiting,


         Granny Marigold

16 comments:

  1. Your banner turned out great! I envy you the smell of cedar in your house, can't wait to see the project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea on the cactus, but I wanted to say that I'm sure that you will be careful not to overwater the new ones in the cups, since I'm assuming there is not a drainage hole. :-) I have one cactus that has done fairly well, probably because it can go months without watering. Indoor plants are NOT my specialty, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't the smell of cedar amazing? We had a cedar deck at our old house and I loved after how a rain how the sun would warm up the deck again and the smell was heavenly. Hoping our new deck can be made out of cedar.

    Your banner is amazing! I love how each panel is so unique. Great job!

    X Chy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an interesting little cactus garden you have there. And your "room" appears to be full of treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The banner is beautiful and looks stunning against the wood of the shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing your prayer flags displayed across your book shelves and where you spend your time at the computer. Now when I think of you that is how I will picture you. Love the little teddies that are tucked here and there on the shelves also.

    I wish I could help you with the name of the cactus you asked about, but I don't know a whole lot about them. I have a red one that looks like your little yellow one! :)

    Have a good day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure on the cactus but look up nopal or prickly pear...just for an idea!!!diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip. I looked up Nopal Cactus and found that there are over a hundred varieties. Looking at the images mine could very well be one of those.

      Delete
    2. I'm thinking it...by the way I follow your blog...I enjoy it a lot but do not have a blog of my own...diana

      Delete
    3. Thanks for following my blog, Diana. Maybe one day you'll decide to start one too!

      Delete
  8. The tea cups are a great idea. I don't think cacti have much root system, and they don't need much moisture, so I bet that would work. And your banner is delightful! Those flags are darling, and I know you'll enjoying seeing them up there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You’ve been busy ... I don’t think you have to worry about cacti... they thrive on neglect. Your shelves are filled with love with your fabulous prayer flags flying free . xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your workspace, lots of room for all your bits and bobs. What pretty holders the teacups make xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the banner! I used to love to visit people's work spaces via What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday. Did you ever do that? We would post a picture of our work space so everyone could see what we were up to. I like being able to imagine where people are sitting as they blog. You have such a pleasant space! :) The cacti are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your baked goods always look perfect and so delicious! I love the shelves in your room. That's the perfect place to sit and work at the computer. The banner is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your banner!! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete