Sunday 4 March 2018

New Project



I've been making a sort of banner inspired by prayer flags I have been seeing on Pinterest.
They ended up being a hybrid, pretty banner/ prayer flag.
Most of the ones I've made are 5 X 8 although somehow there are bigger ones too. I think I forgot to take into account the wide lace I sewed onto the bottoms of some. I went to the dollar store and bought small clothespins and DH hung a wire across the bookshelves in my room.


 On one of these flags and one in the next picture I glued on very old mirrors... one had the Good Shepherd on the reverse side
and the other  just had a picture of a little girl.





Once I hang these up I'll be able to see how many more I need to make.When I see the projects so many of you make I'm a bit reluctant to show mine but I plan on publishing this post quickly before I change my mind!

Thanks for visiting today,

         Granny Marigold



12 comments:

  1. So pretty! Will they hang inside or outside? I have to make more because the weather was hard on last year's flag/bunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely project Granny. Can't wait to see it once it's all done. Have fun! X Chy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your banners are beautiful. So lacy and refined. The box you have them in is handsome too. I LOVE your spring banner. Is this what your garden is looking like (or will look like soon)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I've never seen anything like these, so I have nothing to compare them to, and yours are very appealing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 'flags' are quite fancy, I look forward to seeing them all put together and hung up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are beautiful, I am so looking forward to seeing them hanging so that we can admire them in all their glory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am intrigued by these prayer flags, Granny. You do such lovely work...love the lace and the crochet. Looking forward to seeing your completed project. I'm so glad you hit the publish button before you changed your mind. I love the case you have them in as well. I've always loved your background here on your blog because I have always enjoyed maps. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty! You do beautiful work. I'm wondering what prayer flags are used for. Maybe I should look that up. I want a yard that looks like your header! :) Those English muffins you made look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are just beautiful! What a great idea! And a nice use of all the charming textiles you find at the thrift store. :) I'm glad you had the courage to post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are gorgeous, GM! Lots of pretty stitching there, and I love the idea of hanging them all up on a line -- very cheering! Please post a picture of them when you get them all up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What pretty linens to work with:)

    ReplyDelete