Thursday 1 March 2018

March First





March came in like a lamb here. We're still below normal temps for this time of year but at least it's kind of sunny and we had a lovely walk around the lake. Red-Winged Blackbirds were sitting in the reeds and singing. Once nests are built no doubt we'll be dive-bombed by these same birds as we walk the path near their nests. They get quite brash and actually make contact with your head if you're not careful.

I found an easy recipe for English Muffins and tried my luck.  I used my biscuit cutter so the muffins are a bit too small but otherwise they're okay. No little holes inside like a proper English muffin ( or maybe those with holes are crumpets??)   I plan on using some of these to make mini pizzas to go with the leftover soup we're having for supper.


 Thanks for visiting today,


          Granny Marigold



13 comments:

  1. I bought some English muffin tins for making them, at a thrift store (of course!) years ago, and I did make them once. And they were just like the real thing, but they were SO much trouble, I never made them again. They were not significantly better than what I bought at the store. Maybe I should try them again. Yours look very yummy -- are they a lot like biscuits? I do get so confused with British terminology ... biscuits/cookies/muffins/crumpets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were not much trouble but still I won't bother making them again. They were a bit "gummy" in the middle but once split and toasted they were okay. I'm not even that fond of English muffins so it's weird that I had this urge to make some.

      Delete
  2. You are always making something interesting.
    I had forgotten about the lion/lamb thing. Today was very much a lamb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The muffins look great to me!! They had to have been very good with the soup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were a lamb too! Nooks and crannies...isn't that English Muffins...yours look real good:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They looked delicious. I like them toasted with some grilled bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. March came in like a lion here. We had high winds (which have now died down) and lots and lots of rain...and then a bit of snow. I like the way your March started. :) Red-winged Black Birds are rather protective of what they consider to be their territory. We don't see many of them here where we live, but when I was a kid growing up in the next county over we saw them all the time.

    Your English muffins are GORGEOUS! Makes me want to go straight to the kitchen and roll up my sleeves. But I suppose I'd best settle for glazing the loaf of lemon bread that I made earlier this afternoon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're a very good baker!
    I hope March is lovely for you! Aren't we all SO ready for summer and the flowers, bees, birds, and green green grass?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy March! Your muffins look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, they sure do LOOK like English muffins! I hope the little pizzas were good! Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't like English muffins that well either but yours sure looked like them. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your English muffins look so good. How were they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummy....your English muffins look delicious.😊 I can't believe how fast February came and went this year. But I'm so eager for spring too!🐤

      I hope you have a wonderful week!💟

      Delete