Saturday 2 December 2017

Christmas Open House


This old house is on my walking route and I was actually going to walk over for the Christmas open house this afternoon but the rain made me change my mind. So we drove instead. The pictures are a little dark since I couldn't use the flash .


           I think the drying rack over the stove was such a good idea.In the upper left corner you can just barely see the cords  that raised and lowered it.









                              This was the maid's room and was just off the kitchen.


                       Upstairs are 3 bedrooms and a bathroom.




On a totally different subject either Blogger or my computer has once again deleted a number of comments. Last time it happened I automatically assumed I must have done it but this time I'm certain I didn't. Don't quite know how to avoid it happening a third time. I find it frustrating but all I can do is hope it doesn't happen again.

Two final pictures...one of grandson M. putting up the creche that he
gets to put together every year.
When he was quite little he put baby Jesus and manger on the roof and  he's heard that story enough times so now he just has to do that every year ( I go later and put it where it belongs).



Thanks for visiting,


               Granny Marigold

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful house. I can see me living there!! Thank you for sharing GM
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the first house we bought in Canada, in the mid sixties, my dad made one of those drying racks on pulleys in our utility room. Right now we have a bar that hangs down from the ceiling just to the side of our woodstove, and we use that to hang clothes hangers with wet clothes on. Sometimes we wonder where a particular piece of clothing has gone, and have forgotten that we hung it there weeks ago ;-) Cute story about your grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stove, and the drying rack too! That is such a pretty house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picture #4. Called a Hoosier around here. Sort of a pie making station. Don't see them much, anymore.

    I think his way, is perfectly fine. :-))))))))))

    Happy Full Long Night's Moon tonight!

    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice house...so uncluttered! I like the craftsman style very much! Nice that your Grand is sticking to a tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely old house, quite beautiful. So sweet your grandson continues to put baby Jesus on the roof... it means everyone can see him xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your grandson's tradition. He's a joker! :) That's a wonderful creche, too!
    Thanks for sharing the beautiful old house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the tour of the house. The simplicity is inspiring! Also, really enjoyed reading about your grandson's tradition. That's good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, like I remember my childhood home. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete