Wednesday 29 November 2017

Tuesday's Treasures ( a day late)




 The first of Tuesday's treasures this week is something DH built for my tea cups. It's a simple square wooden box divided into 4 so each square can hold 2 teacups. It fits perfectly at the end of my plate rack.



I did pop into the thrift store and the dolls were still marked down to two dollars. I had somehow overlooked this beauty last week. I think her name should be Mary since she has a little lamb.
Aren't her ringlets absolutely gorgeous?


                    Here she is with the others on the little landing .

 Something else I found were 6 cheery red and white chair pads. The wood chairs are hard on the bum  and a bit of padding makes sitting for any length of time more comfortable. The pads were a dollar each.


We had a bit of rain today but not much. We finished putting garland and lights on the front steps railing. The outside is done now and DH has the lights all on timers. Seems we're the first on our street to light up.
My granddaughter came by for a visit and also to trim her grandad's hair. She's a great hair stylist.
After she left our second oldest daughter came by so we could celebrate her birthday ( a day late since she was gone yesterday) I don't think she'll mind if I tell you she turned 50.




Thanks for visiting,

Please leave a comment...I love to know you came by.


                Granny Marigold

9 comments:

  1. I like your little teacup box, it's a great way to show off your treasures. I think Mary is an apt name for your new doll... she's sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the family resemblance between you and your daughter! I like the chair pads, it's not often that you find 6 all of the same kind. Lucky find! We have had a few variations on our chairs, I'm with you on the wood chairs needing the padding. I've never found that I've been able to wash the chair pads properly, the stuffing seems to shift. My latest is four thinner cushions that all match and were the 50 cent tag that week. I've also washed them and they came through okay, they aren't tufted so it seems to work better when washing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your daughter!!!!

    Those chair cushions look pretty and comfy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your teacup box is a great idea, hubby did good. I love your "Mary" doll, maybe because I'm a "Mary" too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pretty teacups, your little display box is perfect for them.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post as always :) and happy birthday to your lovely daughter...love the poncho she is wearing :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds GM...
    Its lovely to see someone who loves teacups as much as me!I shall have to show Hubby your teacup box... I wonder if he will take the hint..
    Your chair cushions look so comfy and very country like...I love them
    Blessings
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your teacup box - what a handy man you have :) Happy birthday to your girl! It's nice to have family nearby for visits. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely.....enjoyed it so much.....thank you.

    ReplyDelete