Sunday 6 August 2017

A Sunday Walk


I think the poor air quality due to all the wildfires has kept many people from walking in the park. We walked in spite of it, in the relative coolness of the morning.




This tree had a house suitable for Wood Ducks to nest in although I've never seen any of those in this area. Guess it could be for any large bird.

                  Lots of Bind weed, pretty but so very invasive.
As we were walking the part of the trail near some residential areas we saw Police had their yellow tape blocking a street. News van was there as well as the police. Came home and watched the news to learn that an 18 year old man was shot but not fatally. Just last Friday another 18 year old was shot and killed in the middle of the afternoon as he drove on a main street of town. Both young men were known to police so no doubt this will be gang-related. So much of that around the lower mainland. It's very sad.


Thanks for visiting,

        Granny Marigold




9 comments:

  1. I always wondered what that vine was called...now I know. :) I am sorry to hear of the shootings in that area. It seems that gangs are becoming more and more prevelant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we are in the news again for all the wrong reasons. I've always known that bindweed as morning glory, but Google tells me it is called both. I have a smaller version in the vegetable garden, but I don't think I've ever seen it flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes that Field Bindweed is awful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BINDER VINE is vile!!!!!!!

    GANGS are also vile!!!!!!!!

    -sighhhhh-

    Happy Full Green Corn Moon,
    Luna Crone

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first picture is so pretty and peaceful looking. It is scary to hear about gangs. Another problem is road rage. Friday when we started out to look for a car, we ran up on a bad wreck just outside town. It had just happened, seconds before. Two women drivers driving side by side yelling at each other when the one of the drivers hit another car head-on. The cars went down steep embankment. Three people are seriously injured and still in the hospital and a two year old girl was killed. All because of road rage. I can't imagine getting that mad at another driver. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just so sad. Road rage is becoming more and more common.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful area! Hope the wildfires and the violence soon ends!Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does it bother your breathing to walk with the smoke smell? Scary when we hear about gangs and shootings. I hope you stay safe. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smoky air seems to bother my eyes more than anything but then my eyes are dry at best of times.

      Delete